• Esther Sung

날짜: 2014. 10. 11  글쓴이 : 관리자

조회수 : 250
      추천 : 0

목록
      • When my mum first asked me to take part in the MIPI seminar, I was very hesitant. On the first day of the seminar, I had actually made plans with my friend for her birthday. However, my mum strongly recommended that I should attend, so I guess when I first went I went for my mum more than anything. However, if I had not attended the first seminar, I would have deeply regretted it. Through the MIPI seminars, I learnt how to pray properly, using the bible as the basis of our prayers, I again refreshed my mind about how important the bible is for our lives. Learning how to read a bible verse, and apply it through our prayers, was very fascinating and fun at the same time. It began to give me the realization that previously I had been praying like any other religion believing person, not like a true Christian, not like how God would want me to pray. So I am grateful that through the seminars I realized this fact and would like to thank God and everyone working for Him through MIPI.

The seminar was held on Tuesdays, which was the busiest day of the week for me – having uni at Kensington, then tutoring at Eastwood, and then tutoring once I got back home – so when I first found out that it was held on Tuesdays, I did not like the idea too much. However, from the first day onwards, I was keen on coming back the next week, eager to learn more, and through this anticipation the hurried and busy feeling within me disappeared.

Not only was I going to miss the first day of the seminar, but I was also planning to not go on the last week, because it was my exam period and I thought I would possibly not have any time to go. But on my way home from an exam I happened to read a post my friend put on Facebook. It was 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

After reading this, I simply had to go. It shows how God works in many ways that surprises me everyday, providing me with the little push I needed to attend.

The seminar was really truly good, and it was a bit of a shame that it finished soo quickly, however I am trying to apply what I have learnt in my daily life. I will pray that there will be more young people like me to be able to attend the MIPI seminars and further enrich their relationships with God.

- Esther Sung

• 추천 목록

• 댓글(0)

• 글을 작성시 등록하신
      비밀번호를 입력해주세요.